Are you involved in territorial cooperation in the Mediterranean area or are you interested in this field? Do you want to increase your knowledge and skills on Funding cooperation mechanisms and opportunities for a sustainable Mediterranean and be part of a unique reflection on the future of territorial cooperation and funding mechanisms in the area? Then, this learning programme of the Interreg Euro-MED Academy is made for you! The Learning program begins on June 13th, 2022.
The Interreg Euro-MED Academy “Funding cooperation mechanisms and opportunities for a sustainable Mediterranean” Learning Programme aims to reflect on the future of European Territorial Cooperation and present several ways of improvement in the Mediterranean. It offers a valuable and unique set of material, reflections and knowledge related to funding cooperation mechanisms and opportunities for sustainable development in the Mediterranean area. This module is being developed at a critical period, marked by the transition from one programming period to the other and the adaptation of several sectors for the post-covid19 pandemic period. Therefore, it includes a reflection on the future of European Territorial Cooperation and presents several ways of improvement in the Mediterranean.
This course is an online transversal module aiming to provide knowledge on funding options to foster sustainable development in the Mediterranean. It includes 5 courses covering different aspects related to the rationalisation of the use and landing of funds onto territories for better use and more sustainability:
- Overview on EU programmes and funding opportunities addressing the main challenges in the Mediterranean (week 1)
- Cooperation and funding opportunities in a post-COVID-19 context (week 2)
- Reflection on cooperation and European Territorial Cooperation programmes in the Mediterranean in a post-COVID19 context (week 3)
- Added value of European Territorial Cooperation as a means to influence and upgrade public policies (week 4)
- Course on project cycle management
who can participate
This module mainly seeks to attract and train the “Next Generation of Mediterranean Leaders of Inclusive and Sustainable Development” from both shores of the Mediterranean. It is aimed at public administration decision-makers as well as the various actors of territorial cooperation in the area, including young graduates.
The overall philosophy of the module is to acquaint learners/participants with cooperation mechanisms in the Mediterranean and promote territorial cooperation in the area as a means to improve governance and foster sustainable development. One of the objectives of the module is to make cooperation projects and programmes less intimidating for students and professionals. The module also intends to raise awareness on funding opportunities for sustainable development in the Mediterranean.
how to enrol
If you want to participate, you just need to:
1. Create an account in the Interreg Euro-MED Academy platform
2. Go to the Funding Opportunities and Cooperation Mechanisms for a Sustainable Mediterranean course page and click on Enrol at the page top
After these two easy steps, you can start learning from our international experts and discover the experiences of the Interreg MED Projects. All for free!