CIVINET CY-EL is organising its 1st national and regional conference on 9th and 10th December 2021 at the OTEAcademy premises in Maroussi, Greece.
The 1st Conference of the CIVINET Greece - Cyprus Network, partner of the Urban Transports Community in charge of the capitalisation work package, will take place on 9th and 10th December 2021 at the OTEAcademy premises in Maroussi. For more information click here.
The main objective of the conference is to inform and raise public awareness on issues related to urban transport and sustainable mobility, as well as to highlight and promote mobility modes that are environmentally friendly, socially just, "smart" and efficient.
At the same time, it seeks to develop a constructive dialogue between stakeholders in order to exchange innovative ideas, future trends and best practices from the Greek and European market, within the very specific framework set by COVID-19 and Climate Change.
Speakers & Supporters
The Conference is co-organized by The Panhellenic Association of General Secretaries in Municipal Authorities “Klesthenes” and is under the auspices of CIVITAS, ELTIS, EPOMM, EMW, EIT UM, ERTICO, ISOCARP, INTERREG MED Urban Transports Community and INCIRCLE project, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the GS for Public Investment & NSRF, the Green Fund / Ministry of Environment and Energy, the Central Union of Municipalities of Greece, the Association of Greek Transport Engineers, the Greek Planners Association and the Region of Attica.
- More than 10 keynote speakers, representing leading EU and National policy-making organisations and institutional bodies
- More than 10 presentations and exhibition booths of innovative enteprises and start-ups
- More than 20 presentations of Greek cities that have completed their SUMP or have successfully implemented relevant projects and policies
- More than 30 presentations and interactive workshops of EU and other research projects of CIVITAS, Horizon 2020, Interreg MED, etc., as well as 2 scientific posters pitch sessions
- 1 round table of civil society organisations active in mobility issue
- 1 session on the European Mobility Wee
- 1 session on ECOCITY NGO initiatives
*All sessions will be livestreamed here https://events.oteacademy.gr/en/home/
On the 2nd day of the Conference, speakers from all over Europe will be taking part and a two-way English-Greek interpretation will be available (only on 10/12).
During this day, the international organisations to be participating are:
ISOCARP, GEHL, POLIS, EUROCITIES, MEDCITIES, ERTICO, Mobiel 21, European Federation of Cycle Logistics, CRES, CERTH, AREA Science Park, National Observatory of Athens, Academy of Athens, INTRASOFT, CENEX, MOBYX, EWA, CEA, ANETEL, NTUA, AUTH, UPatras, TUC, University of the Aegean, Institute of Place Management, SSSA and the Italian University Network for Sustainable Development (RUS).
Metropolises on the spotlight: Paris, New York, Berlin, Copenhagen, Tallinn, Athens, and others