Please REGISTER HERE by the 30/03/18 to the Urban Transports Community Building of the 17th April 2018
Following the Community Building event of September 2017,the Urban Transports Community will continue to work with the five Thematic Groups established:
- TOURIST DESTINATIONS: Solutions to tackle mobility challenges in cities, derived from their tourist nature / activities.
- SPECIFIC SUB-AREAS OF TRIP GENERATION / ATTRACTION: Solutions to tackle mobility challenges derived from specific sub-areas (e.g. University campuses, ports, mixed-use & high-density areas surrounding city centres).
- PARTICIPATORY PLANNING & PROCESSES: Solutions to involve target groups in mobility planning.
- ICT or ELECTRIC MOBILITY: Information and Communications Technology solutions related to mobility.
- LOW CARBON TRANSPORT MODES / SERVICES: ‘Physical’ solutions / infrastructure related to sustainable means of transport.
8:30-9:00 Welcome and registration (Malaga City Council)
9:00-10:30 Thematic Working Groups
Specific subject: Mobility scenarios for tourist destinations
Facilitator: Leticia Ortega, IVE (TBC)
Participants: LOCATIONS, MOBILITAS, MOTIVATE
SPECIFIC SUB-AREAS OF TRIP GENERATION / ATTRACTION
Specific subject: Traffic congestion challenges in cities lacking connecting road systems
Facilitator: Ivan Luque Segura, MedCities
Participants: CAMP-sUmp, LOCATIONS, REMEDIO, SUMPORT, EnerNETmob
LOW CARBON TRANSPORT MODES / SERVICES
Specific subject: Low Carbon Transport Plan approach to mitigate impact of cruise passengers/freight on urban mobility through LCT modes/services
Facilitator: Carmen Abad Alejo, Estudio7
Participants: MOBILITAS, MOTIVATE, REMEDIO, SUMPORT, EnerNETmob
10:30–11:00 *** COFFEE BREAK ***
11:00–12:30 Thematic working group
PARTICIPATORY PLANNING & PROCESSES
Specific subject: Urban Transports’ participatory process and citizens involvement by surveys
Facilitator: Candice le Tourneur, AVITEM (TBC)
Participants: LOCATIONS, MOTIVATE, REMEDIO
ICT or ELECTRIC MOBILITY
Specific subject: Advanced info-mobility services (already well established best practices)
Facilitator: Peter Staelens, EUROCITIES
Participants: ALL MPs
12:30–12:45 Feedback session & conclusions from Thematic Working Groups
12:45-13:00 Capitalization Process updates and next steps (Malaga City Council & EUROCITIES, TBC)
13:00-14:00 *** LUNCH BREAK ***
14:00-15:00 Workshop on Collaborative Economy: designing ‘Living Urban Areas’ focusing on Urban Mobility Challenges - by co-creation experts from the ‘Trojan Lab’ (Ghent, Belgium) (TBC)
15:00–15:30 Workshop on UTC’ Common Policy Recommendations (participation of expert TBC)
15:30-17:30 Technical study visit (Rome Municipality, TBC)
Date & venue
17th April 2018 @UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, Palazzo Baleani, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 244. Rome, Italy